|Mar 2, 2010 |
| Malaysia My Second Home Program: How to Apply?
In lieu with the growing number of foreign expatriates who wants to work and eventually live for longer years in Malaysia, the Malaysian government launched the Malaysia My Second Home Program which will benefit all foreign expatriates.
What is Malaysia My Second Home program?
The Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) program is designed for foreign citizens who want to stay in Malaysia in a long-term basis on a multiple social visit pass. The main aim of the program is to give chance to foreign workers to live in the country for a longer span of time together with their spouse and children.
What are the benefits under the program?
• A five-year Visit Pass and Multiple-Entry Visa, renewable every five years.
• Successful applicants will be entitled to invest and own businesses in Malaysia.
• You can enjoy a luxury lifestyle at a fraction of the cost of living in the West. It is a very affordable place to retire early.
• The right to import your car or purchase a new car, tax-free and enjoy
other tax incentives.
• Maintain your original citizenship and are free to travel as often as you like.
Am I eligible to the program?
Yes. The MM2H is open to all expatriates from any countries recognized by Malaysia. The program is open to all expats regardless of their race, country, religion, gender or age.
What are requirements and qualifications?
1. Letter of Application
2. Resume which includes academic qualification, work experience and skills or expertise acquired.
3. MM2H Application form
4. Three copies of IM.12 form
5. Four colored passport size pictures.
6. Passport and travel documents
7. Letter of Good Conduct
8. Self declaration on your/ dependents health conditions.
9. Marriage certificate (for those who are married and intend to bring their family)
10. Certified true copy of birth certificate of you and family member (if intends to bring family)
11. Certified copies of the latest (or at least 3 months) bank statements or other related financial documents to indicate the financial capability of the applicant.
12. Latest 3 months’ certified copies of pay slip / income statement (If employed)/ pension slip etc;
13. Authorization letter from applicant to Malaysia My Second Home Center to verify the financial documents with the relevant financial institutions;
14. A copy of Personal Bond if submission through an authorized company (must be completed and signed by a Malaysian who is one of the Board of Directors/Share Holders/managing Director/Manager of the company).
Upon submission of the above documents, the applicant should wait for the Conditional Letter of Approval from the MM2H. The letter would now allow the applicant to go to Malaysia and continue processing the following documents.
1. Open the required Fixed Deposit account in any bank in Malaysia for one-year period on an auto renewal basis.
2. Purchase Medical Insurance in any insurance company in Malaysia /summit Medical Insurance that is applicable in Malaysia.
3. Obtain medical report from any private hospital or registered clinic in Malaysia
4. Fulfill Security Bond requirement (Direct Applicant only)
5. Submit Fixed Deposit certificate.
6. Submit Medical Insurance policy.
7. Submit medical report.
8. Submit stamped Security Bond (Direct Applicant only)
(To view other information about the requirements please click here)
Application forms and other documents are available online through http://www.mm2h.gov.my