Work and live abroad is a complete resource for those wanting to work abroad or live abroad. We provide overseas job openings, immigration information, legal advice and country guides.
Receive updates on working and living abroad
Work Abroad

Oct 2, 2003
Guidelines On The Registration Of Workers-On-Leave
- POEA Email this article
Pursuant to Section 5, Rule III of the 2002 POEA Rules and Regulations Governing the Recruitment and Employment of Landbased Overseas Worker-on-Leave, the following guidelines are hereby issued:

A Worker-on-Leave shall refer to an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) who is on vacation or on leave and is returning to the same employer. (Part I, Rule II, POEA Rules)

A Worker-on-Leave shall submit the following documents to the Administration or to its designated centers or units in the country or overseas for registration and for issuance of exit clearance:

- Valid Passport
- Re-entry visa, work permit, or any equivalent document

The following are the fees that a Worker-on-Leave shall pay to register and secure an e-Receipt/Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) and/or OFW Electronic ID card (e-Card):

- Php 100.00 : POEA Processing Fee
- Php 900.00 : Medicare Coverage Premium
- Php US$ 25.00 or peso equivalent : OWWA Membership Contribution

*A Worker-on-Leave with valid OWWA membership and Medicare coverage shall only pay Php 100.00 for POEA processing fee.
*The e-Card is issued to a Worker-on-Leave for free.
  Page  1 2 3 4

Reader Comments
Add your own comment >>